Announcements & Events
Stockade Hazardous Material and Building Removal
NOTE: THE RFP SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED. PLEASE SEE ADDENDUM #2.
The Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA) will receive sealed lump sum bid proposals for furnishing all labor, equipment and materials for the Hazardous Material and Building Removal of the former Fort Ord Military Stockade and ancillary buildings in the City of Marina.
The work has three phases 1) the removal of hazardous materials not including tenacious asbestos skim coat (or wall plaster) unique to Fort Ord Buildings, 2) the removal of tenacious asbestos skim coat (or wall plaster), and 3) the demolition and removal of the buildings. Each phase will have its own start date and the start is dependent upon FORA funding availability and approval. FORA has funds to complete phase 1. Because funding for phase 2 and 3 is not available at this time, phase 2 and 3 will have separate mobilization and demobilization line items which will be treated as additive or subtractive options depending on the time of FORA approvals. The lowest lump sum for all three phases will be awarded the contract. FORA member agencies may utilize the qualifications for future work and may add change orders to the contract on a time and material basis or by negotiated “not to exceed” contract amendments.
Interested contractors must provide their Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR) registration number. Sealed bid proposals must be prepared per the instructions to bidders and received no later than 3:00 PM PST, November 7, 2019, in accordance with the contract and bid documents.
The proposals will be publicly opened and read. Deliver sealed proposals to:
Fort Ord Reuse Authority, Attention: S202-RFP1, 920 Second Ave., Suite A, Marina, CA 93933.
Friday, November 15, 8:00am - 12:30pm
CSUMB Salinas City Center
One Main Street, Salinas.
JOIN the Central Coast Marketing Team member municipalities for an informative morning focused on Opportunity Zone investment opportunities within the Monterey Bay region. FEATURING keynotes from leading OZ thinkers, policy minds and economic developers, and will include presentations from each municipality about the opportunities in their respective zones. PARTICIPANTS include City of Marina, City of Salinas, City of Santa Cruz, City of Seaside, County of Monterey, Gilroy Economic Development Corporation. For details and registration info visit: mboz.org/Registration & Information Flyer
MARK THESE UPCOMING EVENTS ON YOUR CALENDARS
- SAT, OCT 19 | 7th Annual Honor the Fallen, Fort Ord Dunes State Park, Marina. Register HERE
- SAT, OCT 26 | 10th Annual Heroes' Open, Bayonet & Black Horse Golf Course, Seaside. Download the registration form HERE or go to the Heroes' Open website to register.
- SAT, OCT 26 | Fort Ord National Public Lands Day | Join other volunteers on the Fort Ord National Monument and lend a hand! Register to volunteer at signup.com/go/DEfQrJz and more info HERE:
- Thursday, November 7 | Veterans Day Ceremony, DLI & Presidio of Monterey. For more info download flyer HERE or call (831) 242-5302.
- Monday, November 11 | SAVE THE DATE | 2ND ANNUAL 11•11 GALA | 5:00-9:30 PM at the Monterey Marriott. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
FORA Staff completed the 2019 Jobs Survey on behalf of its member jurisdictions. 136 employers and 6047 positions were identified within the former Fort Ord Boundary, representing a 6.5% (395 jobs) increase in total jobs reported since 2018, with majority being part-time positions. Business types on the former Fort Ord include: professional services (42%); retail/food service (25%); education related (19%); recreation (8%); and military (6%). Military-related account for the largest employment group, followed by education-related, professional, retail and recreation. These results represent an overall 36% progress towards the 18,000 BRP post-Fort Ord jobs target.
The Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA) seeks public input on this review process related to the provision of a roadway intended to be a Northeast-Southwest arterial connector component (formerly known as Eastside Parkway) of the Fort Ord transportation network.
EIR Preparation Schedule:
- TBD – Distribute Public Review Draft EIR for 45-day review period
- TBD – Public Review Draft EIR Public Meeting
- TBD – Final project approval and EIR certification for Board consideration
Access the Notice of Preparation documents, materials, presentations, videotaped sessions, and other pertinent information related to this process from the button below.Environmental Review Process